Auto insurance covers many things that can be damaged in a car collision. There is no limit to the parts that auto insurance can cover, provided your insurance is current and that it is in your policy to cover the item.
In the case of tire rims, this is a part of your vehicle that holds your tire in place and allows your car to work properly. Without the tire rims, your tire could fall off or cause a serious accident.
It is important to remember that whether something is covered by your insurance policy will depend on whether it is allowed by state insurance laws and if it is included in your particular plan.
Compare car insurance quotes to find the best rate for coverage.
Auto Insurance Coverage Options
The types of insurance coverage you have can vary, depending on your need. You should carefully consider the different types of coverages when you apply and sign up for new insurance or make changes to your current policy.
- Liability (Bodily injury and property damage) – Liability insurance is required in every state that has mandatory insurance laws. The amounts can vary depending on the state, and it is important that you are familiar with the regulations in the state where you live.
- Collision – Collision insurance is for the purpose of repairing your car if you have an accident that damages your vehicle. Collision insurance includes a deductible. If you have a $500 deductible, you will pay $500 out of pocket before your insurance would pay.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance is dedicated to covering those things that are not related to an accident. Some examples include theft of your vehicle, vandalism, and acts of nature like floods and hail.
- Medical coverage – Medical coverage takes care of any medical expenses that you incur as a result of an accident. It can include doctors’ bills and tests, as well as follow-up procedures that result from an accident.
- PIP (personal injury protection) – PIP is extra insurance that covers your injuries from an accident that your other coverage does not include. It can also be used in cases of no-fault claims to obtain compensation when another driver was at fault in a no-fault state.
- Roadside assistance – Roadside assistance is an optional coverage that you can get to send a wrecker or tow truck to you at no charge when you need it most.
Which type of coverage will cover rims?
The type of coverage that would cover tire rims will likely be collision insurance if they are damaged in an accident. However, if the damage is due to vandalism or theft, then it would be covered by comprehensive insurance.
Make sure you have both collision and comprehensive insurance if you are concerned about replacing parts such as tire rims. You never know what situation you will find yourself in and you need both types of coverage to make sure it would pay for the damages or loss.
What other types of coverage do I need?
Once you have the minimum coverage required by law in your state and you have collision and comprehensive, the other options will be up to you.
You should base your decision on the level of risk that you have, how much you drive your car, and how many passengers you take with you.
You should think about the level of risk for legal actions that could be taken against you as well as the risk of an accident, theft, or vandalism so that you can be ready for whatever situation presents itself on or off of the road.
Choosing the Right Company
There are so many insurance companies these days that it can be difficult to know which one to choose. Many of them offer good insurance packages and most meet the minimum state requirements. But how do you choose the best company?
First, look at the company’s claim record. Do they pay their claims promptly or are there complaints on file about their failure to pay a claim?
Does the company have an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau or other industry rating systems or are there unresolved complaints?
You will also want to consider their cost on premiums and compare this to other companies to get the best deal. Think about not only what you would be paying in monthly premiums but also what you are getting for that premium.
You need to be able to rely on your insurance paying off if you need it so go with the company that you feel most comfortable with and whom you think you can trust.
Save Money on Your Coverage
The best way to get the best deal for your money when it comes to insurance is to try out several policies side-by-side and see which one is best for your needs.
You can always change if you are not happy with your policy but it is best to start a policy at the end of the quarter of your previous policy.
Also, when you are shopping for another policy, make sure that your new policy is in force before you cancel your old one so that you will not have any lapses in coverage.
Finally, look for discounts and see which ones you might qualify for to save even more on your insurance premiums.
Find the best rate for car insurance by using our free rate comparison tool.