Car insurance is important to everyone. If you are the member of the clergy, you need good car insurance. People of the clergy have to travel more than many people do so it is important to make sure your insurance is up-to-date and that you have all of the coverage you need.
Make sure you’re not overpaying for car insurance. Enter your zip code above to compare quotes today.
What kind of insurance do you need?
Clergymen often have to travel across state borders to visit people in other areas or to do missionary work in other places. They may occasionally even visit other countries when traveling abroad, so they have to adhere to the requirements for insurance in those areas as well.
This insurance map shows the state insurance requirements for various states. Start by looking at this information to determine what you are required to carry with your auto insurance.
Secondly, you will want to look into optional coverages that will satisfy other types of protection. Some of the most important ones are listed below.
- Collision – Collision insurance covers the cost of repairing the damage that your vehicle sustains in an accident. Collision insurance may also cover any objects involved in the accident including anything that you hit in an accident.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive coverage is an optional insurance that you can get to cover anything other than accidents with vehicles. It provides coverage for vandalism, theft, storms or acts of nature, and other situations that are outside of your control.
- Uninsured/underinsured – Uninsured insurance is coverage that takes care of damages and injuries involved when the other driver does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover the damage.
- Roadside assistance– Roadside assistance is a smaller type of coverage that is often offered on your car insurance policy. For a minimum extra fee per month on your insurance premium, you can get automatic emergency roadside assistance within about a 50-mile radius if you are ever stranded on the road.
How much do you travel?
If you travel less than three thousand miles per year, you may be eligible for special discounts. Also, some insurance companies may offer special discounts for clergymen or people involved in non-profit or religious affiliations.
When you shop and compare the different companies and policies, you should ask about any discounts that you may be eligible for due to being involved in the clergy.
Your Driving Record is Important
One of the most important factors that determine your insurance premiums is your driving record and performance. Insurance companies use this as the primary reason for deciding on premiums.
It is a fact that driving record is the main factor that can predict your likelihood of future accidents. If you have had an accident in the past, you are more likely to have accidents in the future.
If you keep your driving record free of accidents, you are going to enjoy lower premiums than someone who has had some driving incidents.
Insurance for Clergy
You should compare various types of insurance to see which is best for you. But there are some types of insurance companies that focus on people who work with non-profit organizations or religious organizations.
The more you shop and compare, the more you should be able to identify those companies that show a preference for people who work in the clergy or other non-profit organizations.
By asking different companies to see what rates they can offer clergymen, you will get a sense of what is out there for your profession. You may save money by simply shopping around with different companies and looking at the options you have.
Looking for Discounts
Another good option is to look for and apply for discounts for clergymen. Ask different insurance representatives to tell you what discounts may be available for people in your profession and see what they say.
If they do not offer specific discounts for clergymen, you could ask them for other discounts instead like those listed below.
- Good driving discounts– One of the best ways to get a discount on your car insurance is to look for a good driving discount. Good driver discounts are available for anyone who has a good driving record and who has not had a major accident or traffic violations on their record in the past three years.
- Student discounts– If you are a student as well as a minister, you may quality for good student discounts. Check the requirements for this with the various companies are you are shopping for insurance.
- Low mileage discounts– Most clergymen drive quite a few miles during the course of a year. If you limit your travel to only your area community, you may save a lot of money on insurance this way.
- Defensive driver discounts– You can also get rewarded for taking a defensive driving course. These are available all over the country, and insurance companies will reward you with lower premiums as it lowers your risk of accident statistically.
Like anything, shopping around for insurance is the best thing you can do to find the coverage you need. Clergymen have many obligations and often have to travel great distances to do their job.
It’s important that they have the best coverage not only to get the best price on their premiums but to have the best protection. To find the best price, enter your zip code below for a free rate comparison.